Pharyngitis is inflammation of the pharynx, which is in the back of the throat.
It is most often referred to simply as a “sore throat.” Pharyngitis can also cause scratchiness in the throat and difficulty swallowing.
Our pharyngitis panel is a comprehensive panel detecting, by molecular technique, the most common pathogens infecting the throat.
Those patients affected by Pharayngitis may experience some of the following symptoms:
A red throat
Runny or stuffy nose
Redness of the eyes
s a CLIA high-complexity COLA accredited laboratory, we assist clinicians and health care providers to quickly identify the pathogens and underlying causes of disease.
We know better patient outcomes are achieved through fast, accurate, and reliable laboratory results.
- Adenovirus (PHN-01)
- Enterovirus (PHN-02)
- Coronavirus OC43 (PHN-03)
- Coronavirus 229E (PHN-04)
- Coronavirus NL63 (PHN-05)
- Coronavirus HKU1 (PHN-06)
- Influenza A (PHN-07)
- Influenza B (PHN-08)
- PIV-1 (PHN-09)
- PIV-2 (PHN-10)
- PIV-3 (PHN-11)
- PIV-4 (PHN-12)
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (A & B) (PHN-13)
- Rhinovirus (PHN-14)
- Chlamydophila pneumoniae (PHN-15)
- Mycoplasma pneumoniae (PHN-16)
- Streptococcus pyogenes (GAS) (PHN-17)
- Streptococcus dysgalactiae (GCS,GGS) (PHN-18)
- Streptococcus pneumoniae (PHN-19)
- Streptococcus agalactiae (GBS) (PHN-20)
- Endogenous Control (PHN-21)